Thursday, January 20, 2011

Business Trip Guilt

San Francisco...I love this city. I get to come a few times a year on business and I'm reminded every time how much I like it. Last night after work I had the most delicious dim sum in Chinatown and bought some cute gifts for the kids. It was a fun night, I almost managed to stop whining about being sick.

My working mom guilt means I buy something on every work trip I go on. Yes, I'm aware that monetary gifts can't make up for time with mom and that I am probably setting a horrible precedent and spoiling my children. But I get SO guilty every time I leave, even when the trips are just one nighters, like this one. The men I work with never seem to get the same guilt, so maybe it really has more to do with social programming than anything else. Regardless, I feel like a horrible mom every time.

So, to make myself feel better, I've been reading this link about Toddlers and Tiaras. If you ever want to feel like a GREAT mom, this is the program to watch. Yes, I may be neglecting and simultaneously spoiling my kids while on this trip, but at least I don't make them wear cone bras at the age of two (yes really). So, enjoy this summary of the three worst parenting fails from the show!

TTYL,

Organized Working Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment