Incidentally, I have now lost six of the ten pounds I put on over the holiday season. I probably should have made that my resolution instead of the two that I actually did make, but haven't made any progress towards whatsoever!
So, here are my strategies for eating healthier football snacks:
- Make your own pizza instead of ordering some. This cuts the calories by over 2/3 and is just as delicious (plus it's a fun activity for the kids).
- Eat plain chips instead of ruffled chips. I LOVE ruffled chips, but the ruffles increase the amount of potato into a smaller surface area so it automatically adds calories (if you think about stretching the chip out, it would be huge compared to a regular chip).
- Trade in the creamy, ranch dips for hummus or salsa. Lower calorie, and healthier too.
- Make your own guacamole. Guacamole is actually a very healthy spread and with it's pure ingredients, can lower cholesterol. Unfortunately, what is in the fridge at the grocery store might not even contain avocado.
- If you are a grazer like me, have fruit, veggie sticks, and edamame available to snack on.
Organized Working Mom