Thursday, January 6, 2011

Nothing like the cold hard truth

If there was any doubt in my mind (there wasn't, fyi) that I could stand to lose a little weight, I just got a dose of reality from my 3 year old.

As I stepped off the treadmill, feeling positive about my workout, I was greeted with "WOW!!! Your belly looks a little like Santa's!"

Gamely, I tried to muster a quick smile and escape to the shower, but my daughter hadn't received a response to her satisfaction. "Mom!" she yelled, following me into the bathroom. "Do you know what that means? Do you know what that means, Mom? You have a belly like a bowl full of jelly! Jelly!"

Awesome. Nice that a c-section gives double rewards, the aforementioned jelly belly and the delightful child to remind me of that fact on a daily basis!

Oh well...at least this time I was spared public humiliation, unlike the time we were at the zoo and my daughter yelled loudly from the elephant exhibit "their skin is so wrinkly! Just like your tummy, Mommy!"

LOL! Gotta love the honesty!

TTYL,

Organized Working Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment